Would you rather see a volcano, go zipgliding over a vineyard, or enjoy a proper English tea? Just like the old-school choose-your-own-adventure books, your choices are up to you.
Order now, receive the PDF version on April 11th the instant it's live. Looking for the Amazon version? Head here.
Choose a Way books are interactive travel guides to cities around the world. Instead of being told where to go or reading through a huge guidebook just to plan a few days, choose between three places. Tap, enjoy, then choose from three more places. Use it on your phone or your tablet to travel on-the-fly, or sit down with it on your laptop and plan out your trip that way. Your call.
Just one of a thousand ways your day can play:
- 9am: Start your day with a collection of Maori artifacts, a cultural show, and New Zealand history at the Auckland Museum.
- Noon: Auckland's oldest park awaits! Head to the Auckland Domain for a duck pond, fern covered bush walk, and the Victorian-style greenhouses of Wintergardens.
- 2:30pm: If you love cats, the Barista Cat’s Cafe has plenty of them around. Enjoy a drink and furry friends at the same time.
- 5:00pm: Relax a bit at Wynyard Quarter, a family-friendly area with lots of play space for kids and waterfront dining.
- 8:00pm: It's a different set of laughs every night at the Classic Comedy Club.
Insider knowledge from a local
Each Choose a Way book is written by someone who's lived in the city for a long time. You're getting a local's point of view, not what travel writers think tourists want to hear. You'll discover the highlights of the city, along with the offbeat, hidden treasures they recommend along the way.
About the author
Rhonda Albom is a travel photographer, freelance writer and award winning blogger at Albom Adventures (www.AlbomAdventures.com). Living in Auckland since 2003, Rhonda writes about her travels in New Zealand and around the world. Collectively, with her husband and her two teenage girls, they have been to 48 countries in five continents. Rhonda homeschools her girls, is on a women's yacht racing team, leads a Girl Guide group, and and enjoys a good cup of coffee.
Clear directions set you up to succeed
Each place features the street address, exact GPS coordinates, What3Words, a link to the place on Google Maps, and concise directions from a major landmark or transport station. No more wandering the town reading tiny maps or vague directions!
Up to 5 days of destinations...and a bonus power-up
This travel guide to Auckland covers thirty-nine of the most interesting places around Auckland. Reach the end of the day and unlock a location index – head to any place in the book with a single tap.